When it comes to getting quick solutions to performance problems on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, an iPhone 8 reset is usually called to the rescue.
There are various ways to do iPhone 8 reset, each method depends on the nature of the problem you are experiencing on your iPhone 8.
This article will tutor you on the various kinds of iPhone 8 reset and when you can apply each method.
In this post, we will be looking at the following reset methods;
- iPhone 8 reset: How to reboot (Soft reset)
- How to Master reset iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- All-settings reset
- Network settings reset
- Force restart on iPhone 8
1. iPhone 8+ soft reset: How to reboot
A soft reset is used to power off a device that has become frozen or no longer responding to user actions.
A soft iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus reset is similar to the battery removal process that is unique to mobile phones with removable batteries.
To do a Soft reset of iPhone 8, follow the steps below;
- Press and hold the Power button by the side for few seconds until Slide to Power off shows up.
- Slide to Power off as prompted
- Turn ON the phone again after 30 seconds by holding down the Power button until the Apple logo shows up on your screen.
This method of reset may be deemed safe since it doesn’t affect your iPhone data – either personal or apps data.
2. iPhone 8 and iPhone 8+ Factory reset
A Factory reset a.k.a master reset on the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus is used to restore the device to factory settings, it may also delete your data such as contacts, images, download, ringtones and so on.
Before you carry out this iPhone 8 factory reset, I will strongly advise you turn OFF the anti-theft feature of your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus. This can be done by following the steps below:
- Navigate to Settings, select your Apple ID, choose your device from the list on your screen, then tap Find My Phone.
- Click the Slider next to Find my iPhone and enter your Apple ID password to authorize access
- Lastly, select Turn off to confirm the action
Now that you have successfully turned off anti-theft feature that may want to affect the factory reset on your iPhone 8, the next section below will guide you in carrying out the iPhone 8 reset with ease.
How to Factory reset iPhone 8 or iPhone 8+
Follow the steps below to factory reset your iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- Navigate to Settings, select General
- Tap Reset and choose the option to Erase All content and settings
- You will be prompted to enter your Passcode, enter it correctly and confirm your action as prompted
- Wait for the iPhone 8 reset to complete and you can start using your phone like brand new
Alternatively, you can carry out iPhone 8 master reset via iTunes, the next section will put you through the whole process.
How to Factory reset iPhone 8/ 8+ via iTunes
You can also do a factory reset on your iPhone via your iTunes app. If the steps above didn’t work for you, here’s an alternative, and all you need is a PC with the latest version of iTunes. Follow the steps below to factory reset iPhone 8 using iTunes.
- Launch the iTunes app on your PC
- Using a suitable USB cable, connect your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus to your PC and wait for the app to identify your device
- Select your iPhone device from the list of device options on your iTunes app
- Choose the option that allows you to restore your iPhone 8 to Factory settings.
- After a complete reset, your iPhone 8/ 8+ will reboot into its default settings, then you can complete the setup as required.
I hope you enjoyed this iPhone 8 tip, don’t hesitate to share it!