Do you have the iPhone 8 and you are wondering if there are some tips and tricks out there to enhance your iPhone experience? well, look no further – this article will familiarise you with the best iPhone 8 tips and tricks.
Before we continue
If you are still holding on to your older iPhones, you can see our article on protecting your iPhone data before selling or giving it out.
Best iPhone 8 Tips and Tricks
1. Activate Text to Speech on iPhone 8
You can activate the Text to Speech feature on your iPhone 8 to read out the content of an article or texts, it can also be used to read out highlighted texts. Follow the steps below to activate Text to speech on your iPhone 8:
- From the Settings Page on your iPhone 8, select General > Accessibility
- Select Speak Selection, Move the slider to the right to turn it ON.
- Use the speaking rate control to adjust how fast or slow you would like the words to be read out.
Now that the setup is complete, go to any article or website on your iPhone 8, long-hold the text area until an option appears, extend the highlighted area to cover all the text you would like to read then tap the Speak button.
You can also use the feature on any text document you have on your iPhone8
2. Saving Battery Life when it is getting flat
Is your iPhone battery getting low and you want to prolong the battery life without hindering calls, texts, and some browsing? The following settings will enable you to save some juice:
From the Settings
- Select Bluetooth. Turn it off
- Select Wi-Fi. Turn it off
- Select Privacy > Location services > Turn it off
- Select Brightness and WallPaper > Turn off Auto-Brightness
- Select General > Cellular > Enable 3G > Turn it off
- Select General > Tap Cellular > Enable LTE > Turn it off
- Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data > Turn it off
3. Setup Alphanumeric Password
It is always advisable to add some spice to your password in order to make it complex and not easily unraveled by unwanted guests. In this third item on our iPhone 8 tips list, I will, first of all, explain what an alphanumeric password is;
An Alphanumeric password consists of lowercase letters, uppercase letters, special characters, and numerals. To activate the use of the alphanumeric password on your iPhone 8, follow the steps below;
- Go to Settings > Select General
- Tap Passcode lock, turn off Simple Passcode
- Follow the Prompt to enter your alphanumeric passcode
4. You can Time the Music on your iPhone in case you sleep off
One interesting part of your iPhone is that you can time your music play just in case you sleep off. This feature enables you to sleep without worrying about exhausting your battery or getting distracted during sleep.
To activate the music timer on iPhone 8, do the following;
- Go to the Clock
- Select Timer and choose when Timer ends
- Make sure you select Stop playing, then Tap Start.
- Depending on the time you set, if you have set the timer for 40 minutes, the music will stop once the timer elapses.
5. Create Groups that can exclusively reach you
This is the number 5 on our iPhone 8 tips and it involves the use of Do Not Disturb feature which ensures that only selected people are allowed to reach you by phone. This feature lets you silence notifications, calls and other alerts EXCEPT if it has to do with people in the group you have selected. Follow the steps below to activate this feature.
To filter groups that can reach you, do the following;
- Create a group of selected contacts
It is very easy to create a group of contacts, all you need to do is head over to iCloud, click Contacts. Right at the top of the Contacts page, tap the red ribbon > click the plus sign below the Groups section to create a Group.
After successfully creating the group, you will need to select the contacts of your choice. Simply return to the All contacts page to add the contacts you want to the group.
Now that you have added contacts to the group you created, head over to contacts on your iPhone, refresh to make sure the group has been synced. Then Tap Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb.
On the Do Not Disturb screen, select “Allow Calls from” and choose the group you created earlier. Mind you, you can only give this special preference to a single group or you merge the groups together.
- Activate Do Not Disturb
If you have created the exclusive group has described above, you will now need to Activate the Do Not Disturb feature. To do this, go to the Settings page > slide Do Not Disturb to ON.
Your phone will now go to Silent mode and only the contacts in the group you selected will be able to get through to you.
6. Make Siri generate random alphanumeric passwords for you
Your iPhone 8 Siri has gotten some hidden skills that you might not know, an example is helping you generate alphanumeric passwords without stress.
All you need to do is to activate Siri and say the Command “Random Password” and it will quickly generate a random alphanumeric password for you.
This list will be updated